HOW DIRECT2SUCCESS PERFORMS
Website migration is the process of transferring a website from one domain to a completely different one.
Website migration is the process of transferring a website from one domain to a completely different one. There are a number of circumstances, where you need to migrate your website, including switching servers, CMS platforms, and the creation or consolidation of various branded subdomains. Website migration is no doubt very crucial. Webmaster/web developer needs to be very cautious and vigilant during website migration. The experienced webmasters at Direct2success INC help you incorporate distinctive considerations before transferring content, switching hosting providers, or shifting platforms.
There are several reasons for site migration, for instance; creating a new site rather than renovating an existing one, moving to a completely different content management system (CMS). When site migration is done successfully, it helps in improving traffic and search rankings, ultimately growing sales and brand awareness.
- Moving from HTTP to HTTPS
- Changing the domain name
- Changing URLs
- Changing your site navigation
- Migrating a part of a website
- Moving to a new server
- Moving to a new CMS or framework
- Redesigning a site
- Adding a mobile version
Before you decide to undertake site migration, work out on your objectives carefully. You must know whether you are trying to:
- Make your site more secure
- Transfer the content of your site to reflect new products or services
- Improve the design and UI of your website by switching platforms
The most common migrations that websites undergo include:
- Protocol changes (HTTP to HTTPS)
- TLD migration (gTLD to ccTLD or ccTLD to gTLD)
- Platform migration (Wix to WordPress)
- Host migration (GoDaddy to Magento)
- Design migration
- Hybrid migration (a mixed approach of one or more methods above)